Call for Entries: 'California'
Show runs Fri, May 12, 2017 to June 4, 2017
Donald Trump recently declared California "out of control" for openly resisting his regressive, xenophobic and racist agenda. But California has long been known as an outsider to the rest of the country's cultural norms and attitudes. It is the home for progressive values, diversity, and always welcomes the new, the different and the experimental. For centuries, California has attracted the dreamers and adventurers seeking fame, fortune or simply a better life. This group show is all about California from the artist's perspective .... an ode to the ideals, diversity and gorgeous vistas of California. All media welcome for submission. Limit 3 entries per submission. Open to artists in the US, Canada and Mexico. Political work encouraged.
Please follow submission guidelines below. Deadline: April 07, 2017
• All submissions must be made digitally, via email. We don't accept slides, printed copies or the actual artwork for submissions for review at this time.
• Please submit photographed images of your work (or lower-res digital files if digitally created) as 150-250 dpi (or ppi) and approximately 6" - 12" width. Just use common sense with this, there are no hard rules with it. We don't want super huge files, or files that are pixelated. All images must be .jpg format.
• Please label each of your digital files in this format: Artist Last Name_Title of Piece
• In your email, please include a numbered list that includes the following: Title of piece, date, medium, size. We also need all of your contact info and website address.
• Please do not submit more than 5 images per call for entry unless requested.
• Send entries to: JenToughGallery@gmail.com (GoogleDrive can be used if needed).
• Please indicate on the email subject line "Submission: Name of Call for Entry"